I have adapted my Old School Lasagna recipe to make it allergen friendly. This is even more simple!
- 1/2 lb spicy Italian sausage (any kind will do as long as it is gluten free)
- 1/2 lb grass-fed and finished beef
- 1 1/2 jars of your favorite no sugar added sauce (Rao’s is my preferred brand)
- 6-8 rice lasagna noodles, cooked to package instructions
- 2 containers (8oz) Kite Hill ricotta
Brown meat and once cooked add pasta sauce. Do not drain fat, this is essential for adding flavor depth.
Place a small amount of meat sauce on the bottom of the casserole dish, then add half of the lasagna noodles. Top noodles with 1/3 of the ricotta and layer with remaining half of meat sauce. Repeat once more. Top last layer of meat sauce with remaining 1/3 of ricotta. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes.
If you can tolerate cheese, I recommend adding some goat’s milk mozzarella to the ricotta. Feel free to add additional Italian seasoning, salt and pepper for additional flavor.